Workplace Health and Safety
Northern Contract Cleaning takes a professional approach to it's Workplace Occupational and Safety responsibilities, and to it's duty of care to it's employees and to it's clients’ staff and visitors.
Our WH&S Management System is independently accredited to AS4801 to ensure compliance to national standards.
All Northern Contract Cleaning cleaners are trained and experienced, and aware of the potential dangers caused by cleaning substances, electrical appliances, computers, highly sensitive electrical equipment, power cords, wet areas, lifting and other potential hazards.
Monthly audits are carried out to ensure the cleaning is carried out in accordance with safe working practices and any site-specific requirements.
A risk assessment audit is carried out for each site by the Operation Manager, the Supervisor and the Cleaner. The process followed is:
Identification - Identify all risks that could cause injury or illness in the workplace.
Assessment - Assess the risks and prioritise in order of high risk to low risk.
Control - Identify and implement the best method of controlling identified risks.
Northern Contract Cleaning’s supporting principles for WH&S and Risk Assessment are:
- All injuries and occupational illnesses can be prevented.
- Each manager and supervisor is responsible for administering safety, risk management and accident prevention programs - and are evaluated accordingly.
- Each employee must follow safe working practices with regard for themselves, their fellow employees, and members of the public.
- Training is an essential element for a safe working environment.
- Safety performance reviews are a continuing process.
- Injuries, unsafe practices and incidents with injury potential must be investigated.